Entry and Exit in the affordable care act market – UROP Spring Symposium 2021

Entry and Exit in the affordable care act market

Yun Zhai

UROP Logo

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Research Mentor(s): Weikun Yang, Ph.D.
Research Mentor School/College/Department: Strategy Department, Ross School of Business
Presentation Date: Thursday, April 22, 2021
Session: Session 4 (2pm-2:50pm)
Breakout Room: Room 9
Presenter: 2

Event Link

Abstract

The background information regarding my research project is about how does the insurance companies enjoy benefits in both ACA and Medicaid markets in order to To prove why insurance firms both present in these two markets would benefit more than firms which don’t. These might relate to the big picture that how the US government would issue health insurance in the future and how firms and people can enjoy it. The social benefits are for the firms or people who involve in the insurance plan to realize their benefits. I am using the economic concept of economics of scope and capability to conduct my Project. Economics of scope (eos) is a possible benefit enjoyed by related diversifiers and Capability is the unique asset that helps a firm outperform others. I have been searching for articles or papers that support the advantages of presenting both in these markets. My main conclusion is that even though the firms who present in both markets would gain a lot of advantages, however, there are some disadvantages presented.

Authors: Yun Zhai, Weikun Yang
Research Method: Qualitative Study