Lane Kizziah

Lane Kizziah

Lane’s piece – “Flint, once home to legendary basketball teams, is now down to one” – was published in May 2020 by Bridge Michigan. She reflects on the experience: “I absolutely loved English 322. The class gives you so much time and freedom to delve into your own work with enough guidance to feel like you’re not completely on your own. Having a practicing journalist as a mentor was an invaluable experience, not just for completing my project but for getting a sense of the industry and continuing to hone my writing overall. From the course material to the instructor to the general format of the class, I have yet to find another course at Michigan that teaches long-form journalism in such a holistic way.”

Lane is a member of the class of 2022, majoring in Public Policy. She is the Managing Sports Editor for the Michigan Daily, where she also writes for the Daily‘s longform magazine The Statement. Lane’s other journalistic experience includes a sports internship at the Richmond Times-Dispatch, serving as a basketball stringer for the Associated Press, and freelance work for the Detroit Free Press.

UM Privacy Statement
Accessibility at UM