S2E7: Do You See Us? – Michigan Voices

S2E7: Do You See Us?

A discussion about a major problem in a college town: fair housing

S2E7: Do You See Us? Michigan Voices

In this episode, I sat down with Lindsay Calka to discuss the affordable housing crisis in Ann Arbor, as well as what has brought us to this point, and what the city needs to do to help. We discussed the history of housing in Ann Arbor, the negative effects that the University of Michigan has in this situation, and what Lindsay has done within her organization, Michigan Movement, since becoming a student here in 2017. Producer: Olivia Peterson

In this episode, I sat down with Lindsay Calka to discuss the affordable housing crisis in Ann Arbor, as well as what has brought us to this point, and what the city needs to do to help. We discussed the history of housing in Ann Arbor, the negative effects that the University of Michigan has in this situation, and what Lindsay has done within her organization, Michigan Movement, since becoming a student here in 2017.

What you’ll hear in this episode

• “The University of Michigan is a force to be reckoned with.”  –UM student, Lindsay Calka
  • Michigan Movement works to put pressure on the city, making them act on these housing problems, in order to not be seen in a negative light. 

Credits

Guest: Lindsay Calka

Voices of Town Hall members in Ann Arbor in opening audio collage

Producer

Olivia Peterson

I’m Olivia Peterson, a senior at the University of Michigan! I love listening to podcasts and had so much fun creating this episode with the other members of season two of Michigan Voices! I never thought I would be creating and editing my own podcast, but it was one of my favorite projects of college! 

UM Privacy Statement
Accessibility at UM