Chartered Financial Analyst – Barger Leadership Institute Student Voices

Chartered Financial Analyst

By Rashmi Nair

“It has been an exciting journey since I received the grant to register for the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Level 2 exam. This marked a significant milestone, enabling me to further my studies and pursue my goals in finance. Reflecting on the project, it’s clear that it aligned closely with the original goals I established in the grant proposal: deepening my understanding of financial analysis, building a strong foundation for a successful career in finance, and passing the CFA Level 2 exam on my first attempt.

However, this journey was not without its challenges. Time management was a significant hurdle, as balancing work, study, and personal responsibilities often proved difficult. Creating a detailed study schedule and prioritizing tasks allowed me to navigate this challenge, while setting achievable goals each day helped me stay on track. Additionally, the complexity of topics covered in the Level 2 exam required me to leverage various resources such as study groups, online forums, and supplementary materials. Collaborating with peers and seeking advice from experienced CFA charterholders clarified difficult concepts and enriched my understanding. Maintaining motivation throughout the intensity of the program was another challenge. Setting smaller milestones and celebrating each achievement helped keep my spirits high, as did reminding myself of the end goal and the opportunities that this journey would unlock.

Throughout this process, I developed several essential skills needed for a successful career in finance. Tackling complex financial problems and analyzing data honed my ability to think critically and make informed decisions. My problem-solving skills improved as I navigated intricate case studies and real-world scenarios, while balancing multiple commitments enhanced my efficiency and organization. This experience also aligns closely with the concept of “”Start Where You Are”” from the BLI. Embracing my current situation and leveraging available resources to pursue my goals, rather than waiting for perfect circumstances, allowed
me to make incremental progress and build a strong foundation for success.”