MANN – Barger Leadership Institute

MANN

During my time in India, I worked with a nonprofit called MANN, which was a workforce training center for disabled adults. I was able to work directly with the CEO and COO on site, and implement a ground up marketing strategy. It was awesome to see the organizations growth in just the few short weeks I was there!

However, apart from working with local businesses, I also became fully immersed in the culture. For me, this was the most impactful portion of the trip. Living with a local family in India was absolutely incredible as instead of being a tourist, I was able to authentically experience day to day like. From riding in a tuk-tuk, to picking up phrases in Hindi, to going to the best hidden street food destinations, this cultural immersion is certainly one which I will not forget.

This rich learning experience of a global classroom and traveling across the Indian subcontinent was one which challenged and pushed me, but in the end has helped me foster my passion for working in emerging economies and doing social impact work.

By Quinn Favret