Riding On The Money Train – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Riding On The Money Train

fresh corner check

On the 18th, last Tuesday, Fresh Corner Cafe was riding on the money train!!

The fresh Corner Cafe partners (Val, Zack, and Noam), Chris, owner of a start up company and I arrived in Lansing at 1 O’ clock . The team still bled blue in the land of Sparties. The break out sessions did not seem that interesting, but actually they were nice. One of the break out sessions topic was social impact.

After the session, things got real. It was time for Fresh Corner Cafe to shine in the contest. Noam delivered his pitch and nailed it. He had the crowd laughing, smiling, and intrigued. Dinner was served afterward.
The food they served was good. They even had a long endless table of desserts, my favorite type of food!! My plate was full of desserts. I was in heaven.

The award ceromony was like any other award ceremony…… slow, long, and boring. Well at least it got sweet at the end of the ceremony, when the speaker of Michigan Corp announced Fresh Corner Cafe as the winners of the social impact challenge. The fat check of $20,000 was welcomed by Val, who was jittery and nervous, Zack and Noam, who were seemingly calm.Even Chris won $3,000; I didn’t even know he was competing in a separate contest. We had a car full of winners!! We rode on the money train all the way home! CHOO-CHOOOOO!!!