6. Farmers Market – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

6. Farmers Market

Attention: I advise everyone to come and support the Eastside Farmers Market on Mac and Alter Road. It is a phenomenal market where you can buy a multitude of Michigan grown and produced goods. Everything from fruits and vegetables to backed goods and all natural lemonade (yum). So come on out an support Michigan growers/producers. Every Friday from 3:00 – 7:00pm

Well if you haven’t guessed yet, I have started working on a new project at Warren/Conner its the Eastside Farmers Market. It was pretty cool I just happened to be in the right place at the right time and was given the opportunity to work with the group. But man, building a pop up market in a hour and a half is really back breaking work and it really takes a team of people. There is about 12 tents that you have to put up weighting about 80-100 pounds a piece and after you set them up you have to grab four 40 pound sand bags to weigh each tent down. So they where happy that I was willing to help out because not only is it a lot of work for four people and they are also on a time limit, so the more people the better . The event was pretty successful and I was also in charge of having the shoppers fill out surveys, this allowed me to ask how they enjoyed there experience at the market.  All the growers are nice and sometimes at the end, if there are no more customers they give out samplers. So for the rest of my time at Warren/Conner I will be working with the market from 2:00 – 8:00pm. So if you happen to be in the area stop buy and say hi…