University of Michigan Pride in Detroit – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

University of Michigan Pride in Detroit

The first time I took a tour in Ann Arbor for my dream school I remember them mentioning that the University of Michigan was actually started in Detroit. Being here this summer I have noticed subtle hints of Michigan pride that has truly made an impact on my experience.

A little background information on myself, I have always been a Michigan fan, and when I got in I screamed, and then cried. My mother rushed upstairs thinking something was wrong, but I just told her I got in. I called everyone, my best friend came to visit me, it was just all surreal.

Now I’m in going into my second year at the University of Michigan, and I am so excited.

The moment I had this summer that made me rekindle my passion for our school was when I saw this video. I am a huge football fan. This is the Michigan Difference. The reason why I fell in love with the University of Michigan was watching Michigan football on T.V with my family. Now I am student, living and breathing in Wolverine pride every where I go. Because of Michigan I had the opportunity to experience community-based research in Detroit with a group of amazing people; hopefully making a difference in each of our organizations. The impact that Michigan Athletics makes is far beyond just “sports.” It is a lifestyle. Being a Wolverine means not hesitating for even one second to yell “Go Blue!” to a complete stranger in Michigan gear. It means defending your school even after every loss which could be a challenge, especially to all your hometown Spartan friends. I love my school. Always have. Always will. We are truly the Leaders and Best and I feel so blessed to be a part of this network. Forever, Go Blue.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11246828