It’s Apart Of Our Culture – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

It’s Apart Of Our Culture

One of the most important parts of an organization is the culture. The culture is the heartbeat of the organization, it is the deciding factor in whether or not someone loves their job or hates it. The culture also shapes community members perceptions of the organization. At Brilliant Detroit the culture is amazing. I’ve noticed that our CEO, Cindy Eggleton, tries to make work enjoyable for everyone. She often refers to us as family and asks us how we are doing. When it comes to business decisions Cindy encourages us to share our opinions. In fact, I would describe the culture at Brilliant Detroit as welcoming. This culture can be seen in our interactions within our neighborhoods. The doors to our community house are always open. Community members are encouraged to stop by to say hello, share an idea, or to asks for resources. This allows Brilliant Detroit to make a difference within the community, because we gain trust.

It should be noted, that the culture for Brilliant Detroit starts with the CEO. The CEO of an organization is the person everyone looks to for cues on how to handle situations. With out a great boss, a company will not be successful. Due to the great leadership of Cindy, Brilliant Detroit will be successful. She has created a culture that allows everyone to be heard, therefore when people notice problems or accomplishments they will speak up. Working with Cindy, has taught me so much about the importance of being a great CEO. CEOs are the backbone of an organization and I’m happy to be apart of one with a CEO who has created such a great culture!