I’ve been observing that even though my organization is small, they have big ambitions. A lot is resting on the organizing that they do, but ultimately, it’s a community effort, not just one organization. I’m also noticing how much grant writing and maintaining a nonprofit takes. I haven’t had a lot of time to learn about Detroit and notice things so I’m not sure how to answer that part of the prompt since I’m usually pretty tired after work and just go home. I have been noticing that in Highland Park there are a lot of really cool projects and organizations happening but DTE has a ton of power and is involved everywhere.

Here is a picture of me and Janani after dinner. Tonight we were all tired so she made eggs and I made grilled cheese but a lot of nights I’ve been cooking full meals. (Just like my org I have big ambitions but some nights I am tired so those ambitions become grilled cheese)

Two people smiling at the camera next to a table with empty plates
Me and Janani after dinner

1 thought on “Week 3”

1. Jordon Nicholas Horton

It’s awesome to see smaller companies having big plans. It appear that smaller and local organizations tend to be more focused on revitalizing a community and focus more on the people.