Week Nine: Program Reflection – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Week Nine: Program Reflection

After re-reading my first blog post about my expectations for the summer, they have all been met plus more. This experience was more than I ever could have imagined it to be. I have absolutely enjoyed my time at my community placement, with FoodLab Detroit, and it has taught me aspects of the food and restaurant industry that I would have never been aware of. I believe because of this experience I am now a more conscious consumer, and I am more aware of the choices that I am making with the money in my wallet. My community placement, has shown me the importance of supporting local food businesses, urban farmers, and businesses with a triple bottom line. Furthermore, I also met my goal of exploring the city of Detroit beyond what I already knew. I am happy and excited to have had the opportunity to participate in this program, and it has definitely met all of my expectations and wishes.

1 thought on “Week Nine: Program Reflection”

1. I am glad you enjoyed your placement. My placement also met my expectations. I learned a lot this summer.