Week 4 – Continuing to connect – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Week 4 – Continuing to connect

DCERP has been such a great experience so far! Learning about everyone’s internships and their experiences is great. Another great thing is connecting with the community group on anti-racism. Anti-racism has always been a topic that was never really touched upon back in my hometown and I was never really educated much about it. Talking with my community group helps me learn about the other perspectives, how people feel, and what their experiences were like. I’ve gained so much more knowledge on anti-racism and it feels good to be able to know that my community group is willing to help me learn and understand what their opinions are and what we could do as a society to change the way racism should be treated. I’m really enjoying DCERP and connecting with the fellows and hopefully we can all get together before the program ends! I also go in-person for the first time tomorrow with 826michigan so I’m really excited to see what that’s like!

2 thoughts on “Week 4 – Continuing to connect”

1. Brooklynne Bates

Hi Ray! I’m so glad that we are in the anti-racism group together and able to have meaningful, respectful conversations about the topic. Also, it’s so exciting that you were able to go in-person to 826michigan! I’m excited to hear about your experience when we talk again.

2. Hi Ray!
    Is your community group solely based on anti-racism, or is that just something you’re discussing? I am excited to see what your group has to offer! In my group, we are hoping to go to a community event or organization and volunteer. We hope that this will be a fulfilling experience for all the fellows and for the org.