Week Five: Progressing with the Community Group – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Week Five: Progressing with the Community Group

This week was one that was for sure very helpful and productive. We all got to talk about the game plan for how we would present anti-racism to the group and ways in which we could make it more engaging. We’re still debating on whether a jamboard or presentation would work best since we definitely want people to participate since the topic is such a strong one. We also came up with topics that we could use and overall it was a very productive day. Another thing is that I finally got to meet one of the fellows yesterday in-person! Went to the arb to walk around a bit but overall it was a fun time and hopefully we could get the whole group to join in one day!

3 thoughts on “Week Five: Progressing with the Community Group”

1. Brooklynne Bates

Hi Ray! I’m excited to see what our group decides to do for the anti-racism presentation. Also, I’m happy to hear that you got the chance to meet up with one of the fellows last week. I hope that we can plan an in-person event before this program ends.

2. Ray,
    I am looking forward to seeing your group’s presentation. Talking about anti-racism in our group setting, where we have already discussed our expectations for each other, will be a really positive experience. I have had discussions on race where the group did discuss expectations first, and we were able to set intentions for ourselves and follow through with our group expectations.

3. Hey!
    Who did you get to meet up with? That sounds like a ton of fun! I hope I can meet up with everyone at one point. Now that Covid restrictions are being lifted, maybe we can all do something together.
    I am excited for your anti-racism presentation! I am sure it will be very informative and interesting. My learning group is thinking about getting together to watch a movie.