Week 4: Family – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Week 4: Family

The culture that I have been exposed to at my community site is very much a positive one. Everyone I work with seems to be friendly no matter the kind of day they might be having. Overall, we work on different tasks so it allows us to be on our own little planet (obviously working on that planet). Our worlds join forces (figuratively speaking) when we do our weekly meeting to see hope far we are with our tasks and if we need any kind of assistance. In our weekly meetings, we always try to add positive things such as any good news or celebration we have. Although I work with older women, They have created a very motherly environment to help me with everything I need. This includes being taken care of mentally, physically, and sometimes emotionally. It is like a small family working to help a lot of families.

2 thoughts on “Week 4: Family”

1. Hi Edisa, I’m glad to hear that you’re having such a positive experience at your workplace! I look forward to hearing more about it as the semester goes on.

2. I am glad to hear that everyone at your workplace carries such a positive energy with them! I am sure that makes working much more enjoyable and I can’t wait to hear more about the work you do and the impact you and your site makes.