Hello All,

https://www.metrotimes.com/detroit/detroits-digital-divide-is-leaving-nearly-half-of-the-motor-city-offline/Content?oid=7625861

Detroit has a divide digitally that has impacted certain communities within the city of Detroit. Not having access to the internet seems like an age-old problem that would not have any modern day examples. Being disconnected from the internet has implications far more important than just social media and casual internet surfing. A lack of internet connectivity also means a lack of employment with the internet being the main source for job searchers in the 21st century. This disparity disportionately impacts minorities and underrepresented communities than other communities in Detroit. This article becomes more important as I work at a community development organization that seeks to revitalize the Osborn community through economic development. This goal can not be fully achieved if people can not access the internet when they need be. Without access to the internet many problems can not be adequately addressed and rooted out of the system.

1 thought on “Week 5”

1. Dennis Morrison

I understand, I had a meeting a few weeks ago pertaining to the problem of internet connections. I expect with more work, it’ll be solved.