A Fresh Week – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

A Fresh Week

I had a fresh first week. I spent most of my time outside of the office. Thank God himself that I was not strapped to my laptop doing research most of the time. The employees are cool and relaxed. A plus to this week was being able to play with a coworker’s kids, especially the baby, Israel.

Ever since I saw the beautiful chandelier in Whittier Manor, I have wanted to go inside because I knew it had to be beautiful in the inside. I was ecstatic when Noam, the CEO, said that we were going to the Whittier Manor for our lunch table. It was beautiful. In a way, it reminded me of some grand ballroom/cathedral garden, if that makes sense. I couldn’t stop myself from walking around and touching things.

The people at St. John Hospital were very friendly. The women kept asking for Noam because they think he’s cute. A plantiff from Judge Mathis was there and people called him a celebrity. I thought that was hilarious; they actually count him as a celebrity; he was only a plantiff. The customers went into the office area to watch the episode he was on. Well at least “the celebrity” got a free trip to Chicago. I know this week will be awesome….Fingers crossed!!!!

1 thought on “A Fresh Week”

1. It seems like a really fun place! Where are you working again, will you be going to different places a lot? I think one bummer for my work is that I am pretty much researching in the office the whole time, but I do love the people I work with and downtown Ferndale. Whenever, I get sick of being in the office; I sometimes head out with someone to a local coffee shop to work. Well, good luck with everything!