Third Week – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Third Week

Last week I was able to get closer and closer to finishing my project which is exciting because I look forward to seeing the finishing project! I had the opportunity to sit in on one of the Task Force meetings which is where the members of the task force come together to listen to a speaker speak about a certain topic. This months topic of interest was about a website called site control that is basically an interactive website that allows members to view their neighborhood based on tags set by them. For example, if you would like to tag foreclosed properties, or vacant houses and etc. and view all of them in your neighborhood this can be done. It was a great meeting and I found it to be very helpful. I was also able to meet the rest of the members on the task force.

Thursday I was scheduled to meet with one of the members of the task force to survey vacant houses, but I was stood up!! He never showed and never called to tell me he wasn’t coming =( . I’ve been in contact with him and hopefully we’ll be able to go out today to complete the survey, but I guess we’ll see if I get stood up again! Haha.