I’ve only been working with the Detroit Food Academy for five weeks and it’s like I’ve been here for months. To clarify, I really enjoy being apart of this organization and I would not trade to anyone, but spending a significant amount of time anywhere draws you in. Jen and Amy (my supervisors) are just fantastic and they continuously inspired me with the enormous passion they put in their work. It is not often I come across individuals who are so dedicated without really expecting an incentive and it amazes me. This week I continued working on the project-based curriculum teachers will be using in the classroom next year when we expand our program to more schools. I truly understand its importance, but I will admit it is very tedious. Working in the office mostly for the past weeks the routine became slightly jaded, but today I saw the light. I saw my office work was being put to use. The very surveys I have been creating and editing are the same ones I will be administering over the next week and a half. The surveys I analyzed helped contributed to us getting a grant. I also have to speak at the field trip next Thursday to a group of high school children. Once I received the news I felt like an entirely new intern. Work is coming along perfect now and just to show how great the Green Garage office is, we are having an Ice Cream social with specially cooked cones and a live band will be performing. Yes it is acceptable to be jealous.