Fruit of my Labor – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Fruit of my Labor

I have grown a strong liking for community meetings though they often mean a longer day. Part of what I’ve been doing in this project is establishing a database of contacts and evaluating the best way to draw people to the monthly meetings for their zone. Since we had the greatest number of contacts for this community, I was busy making calls on both Tuesday and Wednesday and I sent an email out on Monday (even though we didn’t work, haha). 

But last night’s meeting went very well and the turn out was great. It was fun for me to look at the sign in sheet and recognize everybody’s name and start putting faces to the names. There is one last meeting left for this zone in which the residents of each zone must come to a consensus about what sort of naturescapes, centers, etc. that they will want. The community is active and they are ready to see change. All of the people helping with RESTORE NED want to come through for the residents as they have spent much time and effort coming to these meetings.

Image

1 thought on “Fruit of my Labor”

1. I think its really great that you had such a good turn out. I love seeing members of a community come together and volunteer their services in order to better their community. I really admire those who, not only want to see change in their community, but take part in making it happen! I hope the turn out for your next meeting is even better! =)