Week 8 @ Detroit 300 — Fun at Grand Circus Park – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Week 8 @ Detroit 300 — Fun at Grand Circus Park

So this week is only half over (not even?) but tonight was too much fun not to share! Wednesdays are Jazz & Stage at Grand Circus Park and I went tonight as part of my work. It was a spectacular experience! The music was fantastic, the park is gorgeous and provides a beautiful perspective of the city (not the usual skyline), and the weather worked out great! The first performance was a jazz quintet that really pleased the audience. Then the “Detroit Divas” took the stage and pumped up the Park even more (if that were possible). At one point much of the audience went to the front by the stage and began to hustle! One senior citizen pulled out all the moves (everyone was shocked and cheered her on).

All in all it was a pleasure to attend tonight’s event!

Image

Here’s a photo of how great the park looked today! (Judie Cochill Quintet playing)

Jazz & Stage is on Wednesdays at Grand Circus Park from 5:30-8:30 now through August 14!

Oh and the Mac Shack food truck was there to add delicious food to an otherwise outstanding event!

5 thoughts on “Week 8 @ Detroit 300 — Fun at Grand Circus Park”

1. Reblogged this on jasmynemorgan and commented:
    This is so cool! The hustle is the go to dance by the way!! Haha I love that people in Detroit love to dance everywhere they go. I always appreciate when attending events like this is considered “work”. Glad you enjoyed yourself!

2. Congratulations on being offered an extended position, you must really be doing amazing work. I am sure the event you helped in organizing was a huge success and really entertaining. I am jealous I was not there, I would have brought out some of my dance moves too.

3. Thanks! I don’t really do that much of the organizing but it would have been pretty entertaining to see your dance moves 😉