This Week – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

This Week

I’m starting to realize the large amount of “finishing up” I have to do in a short amount of time. I’ve made good progress on my literary review and sent a draft to my supervisor; I’m awaiting his comments that will hopefully guide me in writing the rest of the report. I’m still trying to get a couple more interviews in with two people who are not really responding to most of my emails. I got close to setting up a date and time with one guy but he never answered my confirmation email about an interview that was supposed to be this afternoon, so we’ll see how that turns out. At this point, most of my time at work is spent writing, and I’ve been taking advantage of the fact that I don’t always have to be working in my office. I often go across the street to Germacks coffee and I’ll take my laptop, get a coffee or tea, and write over there just to get a change of scenery. It’s difficult to articulate everything I want to say about the research I’ve been doing since I haven’t been working in this format of a formal paper up until now, but I’m working at it and the lit review seems to be coming around nicely. Hopefully I can get these last couple interview in before the report is complete because it would be nice to include those different points of view.