10. Final – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

10. Final

Well I guess this is see you later for now. With this being the last week at WarrenConner/ Land,Inc I would like to take the time to reflex on my experiences, and my growth durning this summer. The project that I feel contributed most to my learning was working with CPPC.

Working with CPPC, I accomplished my main goal for the summer and was to learn how to do research. I have experience searching through a plethora of data bases for history, photos, and anything else I could find about Chandler Park and its surrounding areas. I also research extensively on the best practices and curricula related to conservation and ecology. I also had to do little jobs like spray painting one of the fields in the park to identify all of the holes and dips that would be dangerous for the P.A.L. football team that will be practicing on the field this summer.

I have learned more about my interaction with people, leadership and team work, from working on different odd jobs at the farmers market. Creating a pop up market in less them 2 hours is really a lot of work and really takes a team to do. So knowing how to work with the other members is vital to the success of the market.

Attention: Come enjoy a beautiful summer day at the Eastside Farmers Market from 3-7pm every friday off Mack and Alter Road!! Some vendors include: AVC Kitchens, Eastern Market Farm Stand, Fall Harvest Urban Farms, Flavorful Creations LLC, Jane St. Flowers & Produce, Sew Recyclable, Sugar Rush, and UpSouth Foods Produce Truck!

Eastide Farmers Market

Though I could go on and bore you by name many, many more projects that I have worked on and the experience that have help with my growth during the summer I will stop with these two because they are the largest.

This has been a great summer, I have met some great people and created some good memories. Thank you for this summer Jenna and it was nice meeting everyone.