Welcome Home – Week 1 Blog – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Welcome Home – Week 1 Blog

Dear Ja-Lia

Welcome Home! I know you’re excited to be at home! You have been given an great opportunity to work in the Highland park community. You have been working with this community since you were a young girl. So don’t be nervous. Come to the community meetings with an open mind. Be willing to listen the concerns and issues of the community. Try and think of ideas that would be beneficial to the community. After this program, you should be able to gain knowledge of the Highland Park community and be able to continue to supply help through your church.

Also, take time to enjoy the city! There are plenty things that you can do downtown. Get out and be active and see the city from different angles. You won’t regret it!

Best,

Your Favorite Person

Ja-Lia

2 thoughts on “Welcome Home – Week 1 Blog”

1. Ja-Lia,

I am so excited to work with you this summer. This first week has been much easier because of you! Thanks for your help, and I look forward to the rest of our time together!

2. Dear Ja-Lia,

You have a great opportunity to deepen your relationship with Detroit in both the work and personal sphere. I am excited for you, and I look forward to hearing about your experiences and reflections.