My Struggles – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

My Struggles

My past three weeks in DCBRP have been so rough! I feel like because of work I am more tired than I’ve ever been in my entire life. I have been doing a lot around the office in addition to working on my project. For example, I started to supervise several youth workers that started to work at Friends of Parkside. Also, Friends of Parkside held its sixth annual health fair last Wednesday and I was responsible for supervising a bike clinic, as well as performing a bunch of other duties throughout the day. These experiences have definitely helped me grow as a person, but they have also left me exhausted. As a result, I have been neglecting other important things in my life, including my original project.

With the three weeks left, I am determined to finish strong and leave Friends of Parkside with work that I am proud of. I would also like to put a lot of effort into the theme project. Despite how hard the last couple of weeks have been, I am grateful for this experience and I cannot think of a better opportunity to grow as a person.

1 thought on “My Struggles”

1. I can definitely relate to the experience of being tired! I feel like I have put so much energy into Detroit. Hopefully we can both finish up strong!