Where did all the time go? – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Where did all the time go?

Time flies when you are having fun. I just came to the realization today that there’s only 9 more working days until my time in the Southeast Michigan Regional Office is over; that’s crazy! 

As the month of July quickly nears the end, Noor and I are trying hard to squeeze in as much work as possible into the little time that seems to remain in our internship. The first thing on our to do list is populating the Energy Management Planning Framework for Dearborn, Royal Oak and Ferndale with utility data. With meetings scheduled for next week, we hope to wrap up the project soon and be able to help local governments identify and to implement energy and cost savings opportunities in a more systematic and comprehensive way. 

The good news is that the LED Initiative is definitely on track to launch in the fall. The steering committee that we are working with is fired up about the project and providing valuable feedback from our municipalities. I am excited because the success of a lighting initiative that is this large in scale and scope will not only generate more economically sound financial bundles and shorter pay back periods, but set the precedent for future regional collaborations. 

Outside of work, I am hoping to see as much of Detroit and to try as many restaurants with whatever time I have left. I tried slows to go last week and it was not as good as i thought. Crossing my fingers that Toast will be out of this world!

Until next time, 

Carmen