Week 7:Mark Schlissel’s wikipedia page – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Week 7:Mark Schlissel’s wikipedia page

My first couple of weeks in Detroit were slow but they gave me the opportunity to research things I wanted. Although I didn’t have a very demanding job while at work I made sure to keep my neurons firing by doing intellectual things like reading Mark Schlissel’s wikipedia page. Well like the first couple paragraphs.

On top of that I spent my afternoons pretending to be a WSU student by wandering the campus, and using the various vending machines.

Hmm what else. So much to talk about.

My various exploits with a George foreman grill are legendary. The variety of food groups I was able to cook still leaves Colin speechless.

The best thing I probably did was invite my friend from NYC into the D and show her around. She was genuinely shocked by how cool Detroit was. And all it took to blow her mind was taking her to a group painting class, and the DIA. Oh also the Old Miami which was a cute little family restaurant, kind of like TGI Friday’s, on Cass. Idk anyways she said it was cooler than Brooklyn which I’m pretty sure is a compliment to Mid Town.

Oh jeez what else. OH YEA the basketball behind the apartment complex. That’s pretty sweet, I completely destroyed Colin at H.O.R.S.E there. OH also Dom.

Adios,

Luis