7- Places to Eat – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

7- Places to Eat

This week, I was able to check out three new places, I had never gone to before. One close to my placement, another in midtown, and one downtown. It’s always refreshing experiencing so many new things in place that you are from.

I had breakfast from a place called the Fly Trap, which could be a little misleading from the name, but there food was delicious. I ordered the scrambled eggs with cheese, and oatmeal with dried fruit. The oatmeal was supposed to be topped with ice cream, but I didn’t think that sounded like a good combination, so I passed on that part. Needless to say, the restaurant is a small family owned business, speacilizing in a lot of vegetarian and vegan options.

9 8 7

The second place I went to for the first time in midtown was Fatburger. I’ve been hearing about their shakes, and thought what better place to go than right behind our apartment! I ordered the cookies and ice cream shake, and it was great! I like this place better than 5guys because they have turkey burgers!

7 8 9

Lastly, I checked out a place called Hot Taco downtown, very close to Bucharest Grill. This was a cool place, very small inside, with only three tables and a few bar stools by the windows. Their menu was very small, only serving tacos and burritos, about 5 different types, which varied from beef, chicken, and shrimp; also very inexpensive! I got the shrimp burrito, and it was way too much to finish in one sitting.

7 8 9