Week One Blog – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Week One Blog

Dear Moustafa,

You’re the man. You had your suspicions before, but now that you’ve been confirmed as a Boy Scout leader those suspicions have turned into an unshakeable certainty. All kidding aside, I’m really excited for this summer. I hope to be a very productive member of the Friends of Parkside Team and to help establish the PAST program as a great opportunity for the kids in the neighborhood to have a great time and build lifelong connections as well as learn invaluable life skills. I hope that I can become a productive member of the Parkside community while I’m here and be a part of the great work that they’re doing at Friends of Parkside.

I’ve explored the city a lot this past week and found it to be even more interesting than I expected it to be. I can’t wait to actually get to know the city and everything it has to offer over these next couple months.

Everyone else in the program is really cool too so there’s another positive. I’ve already made several new friends and I can’t wait to make more! This summer already has been and will continue to be pretty lit so keep doing you and make sure you make the most of it!

Alright then,

Moustafa

2 thoughts on “Week One Blog”