Real Convos Matter..DCBRP Union – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Real Convos Matter..DCBRP Union

After the rally held at Campus Martius reflecting on the recent tragedies that had been occurring in the media, I had the opportunity of witnessing one of the most real, insightful, and empowering conversations given by my fellow DCBRP peers. This conversation is of significance to me for the reason that it took me on a journey, unlocking an interesting side to people I had never seen before. Commencing with people’s perceptions of the rally, in addition to what has been portrayed in the media, I believe people really opened up; expressing their true thoughts and feelings. With discussion topics frequently switching, and covering everything from nationalism to Kylie Jenner, we tried to keep our conversation completely organic, allowing the conversation to flow on its own. As topics continued to switch, we realized that we had been talking for hours, and people started exiting the conversation when new discussion topics started becoming more difficult to keep people engaged. Although the conversation started off really, really strong, I believe that night everyone was extremely respectful, and actually listened to what people had to say. I really admired how transparent people were, and I hope I can be apart of a conversation like that again, with so much love, and understanding of where people were coming from. I don’t know if I could ever simulate that energy ever again! Thanks DCBRP Fam!

2 thoughts on “Real Convos Matter..DCBRP Union”

1. I completely agree! So awesome that everyone in the room was able to be understanding, ask questions for clarity, and simply be open and honest about everything that came up. I loved the conversation we had that night, and I definitely hope that it is not our last 🙂