Something I’ve enjoyed most about my placement is gaining a better understanding of what it’s like to work at a nonprofit organization.  The workplace culture of a nonprofit is much different than that of a corporate office.  Everywhere my supervisor goes she keeps her work in mind.  When we are out running errands she talks to strangers in the store or around the park to invite them to our events.  She is very invested in the work she does at CPC, and incorporates it into her everyday life.  Our actual office environment is different from a corporate one as well.  The office is much more accommodating than a corporate office; my supervisor is able to bring her kids to work and our schedules are much more flexible.  

Overall, I enjoy the culture of working at a nonprofit more than I think I would like the culture at a corporate office.  I hope to work at a place in the future that I can feel as passionate about as my supervisor is about CPC.  I also hope to work in an office that is as accommodating and flexible as this office is.

1 thought on “Week 4”

1. Alyson Elizabeth Grigsby

Hey Erin,

While I work in a nonprofit, I also work in a more corporate/office-like environment, so I often receive the best of both worlds. I spend more time working in the “office” though, but I spend a lot of time doing personal research for the bigger picture. My supervisor is also very invested in the work she does, therefore she ends up very busy. It’s good to work with passionate people, however; it rubs off on you a little bit and makes you more eager to work on your project.