Week 3: Chandler Park Conservancy – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Week 3: Chandler Park Conservancy

My community organization is great and we have a lot of things going on in the near future. Sadly, I cannot upload the picture I took, but our work area has become over crowded with flyers and registration forms for the different events coming up. Our whiteboard is no longer white but purple and red from the details of the events that we written in marker. A few of the events that are being planned include our Chandler Park Sports Program for Youth summer camp starting July 9, a senior appreciation day on August 9, a law enforcement/ military appreciation day, and a District 4 Family Fun Day on August 25, not to mention all of the the other things we have going on in between. My organization is extremely dedicated to revitalizing the Chandler Park area and I am happy to be around this amazing group of people. In Detroit, I have never really realized how many free events happen every night around the city and since being in this program, my eyes have been opened to all of the the things I have not noticed before. COOL THNGS ARE HAPPENING IN THE D!