6/13/2019 Week 2 – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

6/13/2019 Week 2

The organization I work with is Learn Early. Their mission is to engage with children and caregivers to spread early childhood education in Detroit. My research project does not contain research as far as I know. Josie and I are trying to create a social media presence for Learn Early. We are also presenting educational experiences to early child care centers. One part that sort of involves research, is that we are making up our own experiences that may or may not be taken up by the program. Overall, my experience in Detroit has been educational and a little stressful. It’s been really hard to communicate with all the moving parts in my experience. Balancing friends and family with the people in the cohort has been difficult as well. Hopefully I will be able to enjoy myself more as time goes on.

1 thought on “6/13/2019 Week 2”

1. Brandon David Meinders

Describing this program/Detroit as having lots of “moving parts” is very accurate. There seems to be so many things to address and so many different things going on at once that it can be hectic.