Blog 3-changes – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Blog 3-changes

I think if anything I just keep noticing more than what I did before but I cannot really tell since it has been a while since I was regularly working in this space. It is odd to think that I have heard the name cass corridor that it never clicked in my head that it is pretty much midtown. I would not have known that there was ever a Chinatown in this area if I did not watch the documentary from Tuesday. I went to school around this area for the last year of high school and I still did not pick up on some of this. How would I have from just observing the area? I think from learning some of the history I realized that there is a lot that I would have never known just by being somewhere and looking around. I just hope I can learn more about the city while I am here.

This is just a random picture I took on my way home today. I just really liked the colors and how the building looked but I mainly did it because this is a part of the environment that I am currently in.

1 thought on “Blog 3-changes”

1. I see that picture on my walk home too lol. I sometimes see the man who lives there working on his garden on my way in. We tell each other good morning.