Cultural cues I have been noticing are not significantly greater than what I have experienced, however, there are still microscopic differences that I have noticed. For example, there is one woman that doesn’t want me to take out or put away a heavy cart. She doesn’t want me to have to do much heavy lifting because she believes that a man should do that particular task for us. She explained that some people think she’s very old fashioned and it doesn’t bode well with a lot of people, but she went on to explain that she grew up with certain values. Though her personal values are subject to change, she said that if a man wasn’t there to help she could get tasks done and she is all about women being strong and independent, but she has seen a loss of a sense of place among men and women. This is not a critical examination and it is only one person I have encountered, but the more I interact with people in Detroit the more I am noticing micro cultural cues that vary from person to person. I was very excited to listen to her explanation (though she didn’t owe me one) because I was able to see her point of view while still having a varying opinion.