7/9/2019 Week 6 – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

7/9/2019 Week 6

One thing I have been really struggling with, is being out of my comfort zone every single day. My freshman year of college, I fell into a groove and did not have to push myself to talk to new people or do anything out of the ordinary. I went to class and slept and that was about it. Here, I can’t seem to catch a break. Every night I interact with people who I don’t know very well in a city I am unfamiliar with. It can be exhausting to have to push myself to interact with near strangers every day and night. This occurs at work and here at the dorms. I never feel safe and at home. That is why on the weekends I visit my actual home and see my family. It gives me a rest from always having to be my best for new people and for my job. I definitely feel like school will be a lot easier now that I have experienced this summer.

1 thought on “7/9/2019 Week 6”

1. Ireoluwa Samuel Ayoola

I know what you mean about it being exhausting. It’s a sharp shift from our scholastic norm but at least it prepares us for real life. Sorry if I’ve been a stranger to you. If you ever want to get coffee sometime or hang, I’m down.