Week 8- Similar to Last Week – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Week 8- Similar to Last Week

I should have looked at this prompt last week because my blog will be similar to last weeks. In general, I think Events/group meetings have made me realize just how much goes right above my head as someone who has lived in Detroit for years but did not know much of the history of the city. The walking Tours with Jamon Jordan were probably one of the first times that I actually bothered to look at those boards that say that it is a Michigan historical site and I have been noticing more ever since. I feel like I really do need to go to more museums since that is what seems to keep my attention the longest, I have never really been that big on history class. I think I just want to be more mindful of what is around me as well knowing much of what we toured goes right above my head when I am walking alone. At the same time I know I should not depend solely on what is written down since we did learn from one of the walking tours that those signs do not always tell the full story, such as when white allies would be mentioned but no one else would be given the same praise.