There are two things I look forward to every day: the car ride home with Adam and Ire and my evening chats with Karla after work. When the program started, I didn’t expect much from our daily carpools. Slowly, we all warmed up to each other, and now we discuss things like the morality and legality of prostitution, Boris Johnson, what exactly Kanye West is saying in “Runaway” and if going out to eat is an entertaining pastime. I feel comfortable asking them about their opinions on nearly any thought that pops into my head, and no matter how mundane the work may be, I love hearing Adam tell us about his day. I didn’t expect to feel such a deep sense of companionship with my carpool after just two months together, but I always appreciate the time we spend together– the end of our summer together will certainly be bittersweet.

2 thoughts on “Week 6”

1. I’m touched. I also feel like our moments together are best times of the day and look forward to all our interactions. Our carpool truly is The Carpool!

2. Madison Fetterman

Going out to eat is definitely an entertaining pass-time! I really loved getting to know everyone in the cohort also.