Oh my gosh, my first letter was so melodramatic. Really, “I don’t know if I will be enough for this program”? It’s how I was feeling, but now I know that I didn’t need to worry about that. I have gained confidence and skills that are hard to put into words. I learned how to navigate a nonprofit, but more than that, I feel like I really learned more about how to adult.

Sitting here in the dorms on the last night, I’m glad I did this program and sad to go. I’m no longer scared of navigating the city, and I don’t wait for crosswalks to cross the street anymore. I’m definitely scared about what comes next, but I know that doing this program helped me figure out at least some of my next steps. Taking a gap year would have seemed much more daunting if I had not done this program. I feel like these experiences are going to line up very well.

And I feel like I’ve become so close with my cohort. We really understand each other, and I’ll miss them.

Peace out Towers Residential. Thanks for putting us in a position so that high schoolers wandering the halls tried to join one of our cohort “parties”.