Week Six: All I got is updates today – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Week Six: All I got is updates today

There’s so much to talk about this week!
I finally started putting everything together. The Resource book is coming out very nicely and it looks like I will finish it by the end of next week. I am excited to present it during the team meeting in about two Mondays, the Monday before the summer showcase. I think it will be very useful for the future ProsperUS financial coaches and everyone else really. I think it is difficult to decide what should be in the resource book and where or how. Crystal has been great so far helping me come up with ways to logically do this.
Also, I planned next Tuesday’s Meeting with Joanna, Crystal and the Antiracism group. I am super elated to share some things that I have actually been thinking about all summer. It’s going to be on privilege and antiracism. It is a sensitive topic, but I have done some research and I think we have a nice set up to privately investigate our own privileges and openly discuss how it relates to antiracism. Also, I think Joanna and Crystal are so inspiring, I can’t help but be excited for you all to hear about their experiences with antiracism and privilege in their work.

4 thoughts on “Week Six: All I got is updates today”

1. Tottionna Bushell

Hello Ataia,

It sounds like you had a really amazing week! It’s so refreshing to hear about other peoples work too. I think that a resource book sounds very cool. I can’t wait to hear more about it

Best,

Totti

2. I’ve had a similar week where I finally saw my projects coming together! I’m really excited for the meeting you’re leading on Tuesday and listening to your mentors experiences with antiracism!

3. It sounds like you’re about to get to enjoy the fruits of your labor soon. My project is also culminating soon. I am really excited to hear your presentation this Tuesday. You’re going to do well.

4. Brooklynne Bates

Hi Ataia! I’m glad we got to be in the anti-racism group together. Talking about our individual experiences and how they have shaped who we are was really impactful. I am grateful that we got the chance to explore our own privileges and discuss them.