Week Six: Projects almost in use! – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Week Six: Projects almost in use!

Hey everyone! I’m super excited to have finally started our projects with 826michigan, not like we haven’t been working on things, but rather the projects are in full motion now! I got to finally work with the young students over Zoom for the Writer’s clubs and it was super fun. The students have so many ideas and really bring their creativity to the programs which is awesome. Another thing is being able to finish a post-Writing kit survey that will hopefully be useful for 826michigan to further get analysis on whether they’re using them or not and also if we could help improve the Writing Kits in any way. Lastly, I’m finishing up working on a template for the entry letter of the Writing Kits on Photoshop which I should hopefully be done with some time later this weekend!

On the other hand, the ball also got rolling with the community group and now we have a clearer idea of what we want to do for our slideshow. Just today we (Ataia), thought of a really cool activity for our Anti-racism presentation so you definitely don’t want to miss it! DCERP has been so fun and working at my organization has been a blast too.

3 thoughts on “Week Six: Projects almost in use!”

1. It’s great that your project is in full motion- working with young kids sounds so fun! I’m excited to see what your antiracism group came up with for Tuesday’s meeting!

2. That’s great to hear 🙂
    My project has also just gotten into full swing! It is exciting. The days are flying by and we’re almost to our showcase. I hope working with these creative kids are giving you unforgettable memories. I’m looking forward to seeing what you and Ataia will bring to the subject of antiracism, a solution to one every-day villain.

3. Working with students has been so fun! I am actually a bit nervous for working with the Theater Writing Club, just because we have to lead the whole thing by ourselves!
    My individual project with 826 has been going well, too. We are just about done researching for our college application writing kit! We could possibly use your help during the drafting process.