This past week brought very mixed feelings. I’ve been working on content for the HVR website’s Health Wisdom section, where we will post comprehensible information on health conditions present within the community in order to increase residents’ awareness and knowledge of these conditions. I’ve been working on this project with a great, hard-working doctor who volunteers with HVR. During one of our meetings, we were talking about how long it takes to put together information on a health condition and get it ready for publication on the website, as I’ve only been able to work on content for two thus far. He was hopeful that I would have enough time to work on a couple more conditions, so he asked how much longer I would be working with HVR. When he found out I was only here for two more weeks, he was understandably disappointed, since we have had a great time working on this passion project together. It was upsetting to see that disappointment and know that I don’t have the time to continue this project and see it to the end. However, I know that my contributions so far have made a difference in moving the project along, which is better than nothing!

2 thoughts on “Week 7”

1. Hey Jillian! While it’s sad we won’t be at our sites for much longer, it’s awesome to hear that you can see the seeds you’re planting that will grow after you’ve left. Great work!

2. Hi Jillian,
    Sites being disappointed with the brevity of DCERP certainly seems to be a common theme. Hopefully this speaks more to the great work fellows are doing rather than the staffing woes of non-profits.