Week 8: Feeling Accomplished – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Week 8: Feeling Accomplished

When I look back on the progress I have made working with ProsperUs, I can’t help but feel accomplished and confident that there will be more work put into the research I leave behind. I do feel like there is much more that I can do in the research and much of what we wanted to do had to be shortened in order to fit the time restrains. However, I did the best that I could with the time and information we had and put together a approximately 30 page report to present to the Executive Director and have shared among the team and supporters of ProsperUs. The report also includes future directions and potential methods that can be taken to improve the research we have completed so far, which is why I am confident my work I have done can continue when I go back to Ann Arbor. While working on the research, I learned so much more about the economy of Detroit and the struggles of being a minority entrepreneur in Detroit. I’ve gained new insight about the history of Detroit’s economy as well which was one of the topics I was most interested in when coming into DCERP. Also with this new insight, I also have become much more interested in non-profits and would be interested in working with more non-profits in the future. Overall, I am really proud of the work I and all the DCERP fellows have done!

2 thoughts on “Week 8: Feeling Accomplished”

1. Edisa Niyifasha

Hi Jazzymn,

WOW! a 30-page report sounds like a lot of information you had to learn and contribute to the site. I am glad to hear that you gave it your all and I’m sure you have left some impact on your site. Continue being great! 🙂

2. Wow, this is so awesome!! It sounds like you have left them in a great spot with ways for them to continue and the huge report you created! It seems like you have both learned and contributed a lot of valuable information.