Week 9 :( – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Week 9 :(

I can’t believe we’ve reached the last week of DCERP. Although my time with HVR was short, it certainly was sweet, and I’ve learned so much about community health and non-profit work. In my first post, I said that I would feel proud to help increase access to healthy resources in the Hope Village community through my work, and I can certainly say that I’ve done so through my many projects. I also said that if even one community member feels as though their health has improved thanks to HVR’s work and events, then I would be very proud- and I’m so proud to say that I surveyed many community members who said they feel this way.

I had the goal of overcoming shyness at work and when meeting new people this summer, and I really feel like I achieved this goal! I got to meet so many incredible people at HVR, in the community, and in DCERP. I am so thankful for this whole experience and I will cherish this summer forever. Thanks everyone <3

2 thoughts on “Week 9 :(”

1. Hey Jill, it sounds like you did some incredible work! Great job at accomplishing the goals you set out for yourself! Best of luck with everything in your future!

2. Jill,
    It really has been an incredible summer, roomie! I’m so proud of all the work you’ve done with Hope Village and how this experience will impact your future career path. You definitely left people better than you found them and that is such a beautiful thing!