Week 9: Last Week? – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Week 9: Last Week?

In my first week post, I discussed that I really had a desire to learn everything I could about agriculture during my time at the DPFLI. I specifically said that I wanted to learn as much as I could so I could be a helpful worker. This summer I’ve learned about agriculture techniques, plant identification, biodiversity protection, and community interaction. I’ve had the chance to share all I’ve learned with people who visit the site and have built many lasting relationships. I’m really glad I had to the opportunity to work with the employees at the DPFLI and I will miss being a part of the team.

2 thoughts on “Week 9: Last Week?”

1. Hey Olivia, it’s awesome to hear you got exactly what you were looking for out of this experience and then some! Thank you for being an incredible carpool buddy. Best of luck being a chem tutor next semester!

2. I will miss you roomie!! I will miss watching tv and hearing your laugh all the time:( It sounds like you had an awesome experience with the DPFLI. It’s been so cool hearing about the leadership role you’ve taken on with the tours you’ve lead.