Week 2 Blog – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Week 2 Blog

This summer, I’m working with the Detroit Food Academy (DFA). This organization’s mission is to provide youth with the resources and information to make nutritious and delicious meals. Also, the program prioritizes implementing social and emotional learning skills and financial literacy tips to support Detroit youth’s development. I am supporting DFA’s mission and programming goals by collecting data through various research methods (i.e. interviews, focus groups, surveys). Also, I will create social media content that highlights DFA’s summer program activities. Another way I will contribute is through an end-of-the-summer creative recap of all the data I will collect that will encapsulate DFA’s contribution to the community. 

Regarding DCERP, so far, it’s been great getting to know the other DCERP fellows. I’m enjoying hearing about their experiences and goals for the summer. I hope to get to know more about some of the fellows since I haven’t been able to get close to everyone yet. I’m excited to continue to explore and try new things with my peers!

2 thoughts on “Week 2 Blog”

1. Hi Wisdom! DFA’s mission sounds so impactful and I love how the knowledge and skill-building surrounding food that DFA does can transform other aspects of a person’s life. Your work sounds so cool and important to measure the contribution and impact of your organization. I can’t wait to continue getting to know you and hanging out with you and our cohort!

1. Wisdom, thank you for sharing! I’m looking forward to hearing more about DFA’s summer program once it officially starts and seeing the work you’ve done in action. I appreciate your care for connecting with everyone, as well. Best of luck in Week 3:)