week 8 – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

week 8

This project has definitely expanded my view of the issue, as well as the different approaches of people involved in work towards addressing disability rights in the community. I’ve spoken to people concerned with community outreach, staying grassroots, autism advocacy, housing, and health. Looking on all the information, I come back to Raquel speaking on the lack of connection in Detroit. Although most of the individuals do have ties to each other’s respective organizations, I definitely think a centralized database that the organizations and the communities they serve to use would be beneficial. Most of them mentioned wanting something of the sort that they and residents can use to know where the resources that are readily available for them are at. This, I believe is one of the ODA’s next tasks as they move forward in their three-year strategic plan. 

2 thoughts on “week 8”

1. I’m glad that both your project and the DCERP guest speaker(s) have been impactful for you Adesewa. The ODA’s mission sounds forward thinking and much needed. Look forward to hearing you share some of the highlights of your learning this summer at the Showcase!

2. Hi Adesewa! It was nice to read all of the things that you have been helping with at your site!