This week, Maggie and I chose to interview each other for our blog post to get to know each other more. As we sat outside in sunny Detroit weather we got to share more about each other and our lives.

Maggie is from Houston, Texas and is majoring in Sociology and Social Work. When we talked more about her project I learned that she has been discovering a bunch of interesting things that people decide to donate and this ranges from niche t-shirts, gowns, and funny mugs! When we compared our projects I learned about how Maggie got to work at a site where the work is very “hands-on” and organizing.

In addition to this different aspects of the project, overall she has been able to learn a lot more about Detroit housing and homelessness, especially about what organizations are doing to address it as well as more on healthcare and how it relates back to housing.

If we look more to the future, Maggie is looking forward to seeing how her work with her fellowship will help support people that need to find clothes and how the fellowship will develop even after she leaves (so sad to think about us leaving!). But looking even more into the future, when I asked Maggie what her dreams for the future are, she said that she is planning on getting her masters in social work and would like to graduate early! Wow! (literally my reaction when she said this, that’s so cool) Overall she is interested in community change at a macro level so this is why she sees herself in social work!

If she could take a microphone and say something in it that would be broadcasted to the entire world she would say

“Love will always come back to you!”

A list of her favorite things ever:

• Thrifting
  • Little drinks (boba, lattes, smoothies)
  • Folk and indie music
  • Collaging
  • A good sandwich
  • Supporting small artists and businesses
  • Jewelry
  • Hammocking
  • Cheesecake
  • Journaling

If she was a soup she would be a warm hearty comforting bowl of chili with a bunch of veggies, meat, and beans!

And finally if she had to pick her favorite on U-M campus spot it would be hammocking near hill auditorium or any spot with shade OR the Michigan League courtyards. Her favorite spot in Detroit has been Season Market and Cafe!

Thank you Maggie for such a wonderful interview! 🙂