Week 3 post – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Week 3 post

This week has been roller-coaster like in the office. The Green Garden experienced some technical difficulties. Our WiFi completely shut down unexpectedly and due to some weird theories, no one could even turn their computer on for several hours. Fortunately, I was able to get my tasks from my supervisors and work from the dorm. As delightful as that may sound though, it created several problems because I encountered some difficulties. I had to send emails and make phone calls to get clarification and I think I may have been annoying. Also, working in almost complete solitude can be deflating as well but I overcame. The Detroit Food Academy has entrusted me with great responsibility. I was assigned the task of creating and formatting the survey they will distribute to parents and families to expand our program. Thursday is not an office day for me for I will be working at the market assisting the students sell their product. I am sure it will be a great experience, interacting with the public on hopefully a nice sunny day. I hope I serve as a good luck charm to boost sales and I wouldn’t doubt that someone I know will be there.

The seminar this week was great by the way. It was very engaging and did not have any dull moments. It saddens me that we will not have any more like it.