HipHop at 5E, Canada, and some other stuff. – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

HipHop at 5E, Canada, and some other stuff.

On Tuesday, Spivey, Shelby, Alyssa and I accompanied Candice and her cousin to the 5E Hip Hop gallery for an open mic showcase night. Anybody who says Detroit doesn’t have talent is probably the same sort of person who was anti Irish Immigration in the 19th century or who Supported McCarthyism, because, as Spivey says, those Detroit artists I saw on Tuesday “Whent in”. Yes, they did ‘go in’, Spivey, they went in deep. I’m not going to tell you about what I experienced at 5E though. You go there. That’s what I’m going to leave you with about that. See Candice deliver SlamPo before you die. Consider it already on your bucket list.

Anybody notice how getting over to Canada is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy easier than getting back to America? We really outta stop doing stuff that angers… well… the whole world, because that border security was serious, serious like even the Joker wouldn’t question. They gave me bad directions to where I locked my bike at the tunnel bus stop, and I ended up in a bus checkpoint traffic lane getting yelled at by bulletproof customs agents. Lil ol’ me.
No,,, No! First of all, all of the busses HAD bike racks, but I was not allowed to take my bike over to Canada and back. Bikes are lethal weapons/bombs guys.
#borderpatrollogic #thisblogisnowonawotchlistbecauseitcontainsthewordbomb #downwithCCTV #weneedinternationalpedestriancrossings
I miss all of my friends back home. Shout out to Fredlocks, TyRob, TWhite, McKnees, Saucy, Crummy, Aimee, you all know who you are. Happy Birthday Aunt Judy.

2 thoughts on “HipHop at 5E, Canada, and some other stuff.”

1. I did not know that getting to Canada was so difficult on bike! We definitely need international pedestrian crossings! 5E Hip Hop gallery sounds very cool and SlamPo is for sure now on the bucket list.

Loved your post and hope your work with DPS is going well.

2. Oh man, awesome to hear that you got to check out 5e! Too bad border patrol was such a stickler, why did you need to go to canada??