Sweet Potato Waffles!!! – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Sweet Potato Waffles!!!

On Thursday, I had an observation at the Citgo by Sinai Grace. I was suppose to do my obseravtion from 10:00 – 5:00. I was a little disappointed because at the Green Garage, our office, we were having live music, drinks, and sweet potato waffles from 4-6. However, I did not complete my observation because of differences. So, I arrived at the office at 1:00. It was PERFECT!!

I was counting down from the time I walked in the office to teh time teh waffles were on my plate. I could smell the sweet potato waffles from my work place.  When the clock struct four, I saw everyone lining up. Within minutes everyone had their sweet potato waffles with pecan sauce, strawberries , and whip cream.  People began sitting in the table area socializing, sipping on wine,  waiting for the performance to begin. I had no clue who was going to perform.

One of the businesses in the Green Garage owner played his guitar and sang. I didnt know he played the guitar or could sing. He stood on the brick ledge and played his original songs for everyone to hear. It was a nice performance.

The sweet potato waffles were delicious!!! I had to grab seconds.  I would have grabbed thirds, but I would have looked greedy and fat. The strawberries and whip cream were perfect on the waffles. Tanya, the cook/business owner, has a great business with great food. I might have her cater breakfast for me in the future, since breakfast food is her specialty.

2 thoughts on “Sweet Potato Waffles!!!”